FROFILE OF THE ORGANISATION
A. GENERAL INFORMATION:-
1. Name of the Organisation : ASSOCIATION FOR WEAKER
SECTION AFFAIRS AND RURAL
2. Address : D.No.8-107c,Opp.MNM.Petrol Bunk,
Puttur- Chittoor District,
Andhra Pradesh- 517583,
3. Name of the Chief functionary : Ms. D.Krishnaveni
4. Fax No. : 08577-221376.
5. Phone No. : 08577 – 203715,
Cell: (91) 9347247220.
6. Email : awardruraL@gmail.com
7. web : http://www.
8. Organisation PAN . No : AABTA0167B
9. Organisation TAN . No ; HYDA07094D
10. Legal Status,Registred as : 1. The society is Registered under the
Andhra Pradesh State Societies
Registration Act XXI Of 1860.
2. Registered under the Foreign Contribution
3. Registered U/s 12A and Exemption
80G 5 (VI) of the Income Tax Act 1861.
11. Bank address & A/c No.s. : F.C.R.A. Bank Address
Sapthagiri Grameena Bank,
C/A.No.217. Bank code.P14,
Swift Code No.2950060 – 8260073,
Bank Tel Phone No. 08577 -221512
Andhra Pradesh, South India.
1. ICICI. Bank,
Tilak Road, Tirupati
2. Sapthagiri Grameena Bank,
Andhra Pradesh. South India
B. BRIEF INFORMATION: -
A peaceful society with people getting minimum needs social justice and overall equality in a good manner.
The AWARD has been an out come of dream, concept and ideology of the executive committee members to involve themselves in a deep manner to serve the mankind who are oppressed, deprived and vulnerable condition and subjected to untold problems, sufferings in rural and urban areas. Due to an acute poverty, harassment and exploitation of the rich and affluent section of the society, the poor people are not able to develop and equalized in the society.
In view of the above and background, we have determined to elevate the sufferings of the most indigenous people, especially Dalith Christians, backward communities, economically backward communities and bring to the main stream of the Society. In Order to bring them onto the main stream, all the facilities which are being extended both central and State government and abroad to ameliorate the socio, economic, health cultural and education. Our Organisation denotes of peace, tranquility, prosperity and to educate which is a main instrument to combat with inequality, distribution, social evils and particularly untouchability.
The main objective of AWARD is to ensure the equality, fraternity, human rights and social justice which have been denied to the most vulnerable sector of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled tribes and economically backward communities and also protection of environment forest, wasteland development .
To integrate the Dalith women in to the social mainstream at par with the men, by eliminating all forms of discrimination against them and by capacitating them to exercise their rights to empowerment and sustainable development through collective action, Co-operation and advocacy.
Further, our main focus is to preach the Gospel in remote area and voice of Jesus in out reach area through cultural programmed Overall objective is to empower the poor people in Socio-economic health and education
AWARD is run by a band of committed social workers who are dedicated themselves to the service of humanity, selfless service coupled with sacrifice with mode of implementation. It desires to bring about a radical social change through silent revolution by totally eradicating the caste system, poverty, illiteracy, ignorance, rural development activities women and child development like all round development activities, human rights etc. It demands ultimate sacrifice on the part of its participation. It is women headed organization.
3. ABOUT THE PROMOTER OF THE ORGANISATION:-
Ms.D.KRISHNAVENI, Secretary of the organization hails from well educated family, she has passed M.A.[SOCIOLOGY] and decided to sacrifice her life for the cause of depressed and oppressed communities since l994
And registered her society as an NGO with like minded friends and served
Few years with low income people across the tribal villages in Chittoor dist. of A.P.State since they are poor and illiterates including children.
Since l994 she has committed her self totally for the welfare of have nots against the haves with a view to elevate their social and economic status in society on a par with developed communities through womens empowerment and also encouraged her well educated staff members in the organisation.
4. AREA OF OPERATION ; -
Presently working in two Districts of Andhra Pradesh i.e.. Chittoor and Nalgonda
districts apart from Thiruvallur and Vellore district of Tamilnadu state.
5. OBJECTIVES ;-
• Prevention and control of HIV/AIDS
• Mobile dispensary in rural area
• Empowerment of rural poor people in socio-economic, health and education.
• To establish higher secondary school to post – Graduate colleges, medical and
engineering colleges with hostel facilities for poor students.
• To establish schools and hostels for orphans, child labors.
• Tree plantation, rising of kitchen garden and horticulture in an around the villages.
• Wasteland development and afforest ration. Provision of safe-drinking water in rural
• To Provide scholarships for the deserved students for their help and encouragement to
continue their future studies in more progressive manner.
• To established minority institution for the welfare of the people.
• To Organize the Dalith women for self-reliant sustainable development through the
facilitation of self help groups (SHG)s and women development societies at the
• To ensure the capacity development of the target rural women through participatory
training in decision making, leadership and self-managerial skills.
• To enable the rural Dalith women to exercise their rights to sexual and reproductive
health and to enhance the proper development and utilization of women’s health
• To Impart training on political and legal issues relevant to the women and provide legal support for women’s problems.
• To elevate the nutritional status of the vulnerable women through the promotion of
homestead gardens and small live stock.
• To develop the capacities of Dalith women leaders elected into local bodies for effective
• functioning and integration into the political systems.
• To ensure that women and men have equal access to information and the instruments for decision making and to exercise their rights and responsibilities through gender
6. GEOGRAPHICAL AREA OF OPERATION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES:-
AWARD is presently working in Chittoor dist. of Andhra Pradesh state and mainly concentrating in the villages of Puttur, Karvetinagaram, Vadamalapet, Narayanavanam etc mandals to develop the poorest of the poor in society from the onslaughts of caste hindus and rich landlords Who are exploiting the poor dalits [SC/STs] on the farm front and construction sites. The deprived sections of society are lacking basic civic amenities like a pucca house, pucca roads or bridges, power to their houses, communication facilities and above all hospitals or transportation facilities and hence rotting in utter poverty, hunger and disease. They are Looking after some ones help to bale out of the predicament of poverty, unemployment and disease and economic backwardness. Hence, we have firmly resolved to come to their rescue by all means and to launch income generation schemes like dairy development, basket weaving, tailoring and embroidery training, sheep rearing etc. for their overall economic and social development.
7. AWARD AND WOMEN ISSUES;-
AWARD is striving hard to take up the cause of rural poor women through womens empowerment programmes in the target villages by means of launching income generation programmes like sheep and goat rearing, basket weaving, tailoring and embroidery training programmes etc. to eke out their livelihood ultimately. Hence there is much thrust on womens development and emancipation from bonded labour, sexual harassment, violence, rape and murder, harassment and eve teasing etc. offences in society. We are creating much awareness among the rural poor women by conducting workshops, seminars and special awareness camps on their rights due to the laws enacted and enforced by the Govt. agencies from time to time
7. STRATEGY AND METHODOLOGY OF IMPLEMENTATION;-
AWARD has adopted the strategy of forming self help groups of women in rural areas to promote thrift and savings for their future benefit and to launch income generation activities like dairy development, sheep and goat rearing, tailoring training etc. to eke out their livelihood without depending on others since the landlords and money lenders are exploiting them to the optimum level as bonded labour on the farm sector or construction sites.
8. POSITIVE EXPERIENCE OF SUCCESSFUL ACHIEVEMENTS;
Through lot of persuasion and personal contacts and organizing of workshops and seminars in rural areas, we were able to mobilize the rural poor women folks for thrift and savings since most of the poor women have formed into SHGs or Sanghams and deposited their savings in nationalized banks or post offices for their future benefit.
The adult education centres run by AWARD has made considerable inroads into the womens community in rural areas as now the poor illiterates are able to read and write Telugu vernacular language. Moreover, due to the awareness created by our society, the rural poor are taking precautionary steps against the deadly HIV/AIDS disease and other chronic diseases like T.B. Cancer, malaria, typhoid, dengue fever, cholera etc.
11. DIFFICULTIES EXPERIENCED /ENCOUNTERED DURING THE COURSE OF
During the course of implementation of certain envisaged projects, we have encountered some problems which are temporary in nature and have formulated lasting solutions to the problems. Income generation and profit oriented projects were successfully implemented without any hitch in rural and urban areas for the benefit of rural poor women who are languishing in utter poverty, unemployment, disease and socio economic backwardness.
12. CONCLUSION DRAWN FOR FUTURE TO WORK WITH THE WOMEN AND
CHILDREN IN RURAL AREAS AND URBAN AREAS;-
- To conduct more awareness camps and income generation programmes for the socio
economic development of the rural poor men and women.
- To launch women’s and child development programmes in rural areas for their all
- To form SHGs of women for micro credit and thrift and savings for their future benefit.
- To construct hospitals, old age homes, orphanages for children [destitute] in rural areas
for the benefit of the rural masses.
- To launch mobile clinics through medical ambulances in rural areas on the lines of 108 and 104 services of the Govt.
- To mobilize the rural people for wastelands development and tree plantation to preserve the ecology.
- To establish Junior colleges, high schools, degree colleges and medical and Computer, engineering colleges for the benefit of rural students
13. DETAILS OF TRAININGS UNDERGONE BY THE E.C.MEMBERS OF AWARD;-
Adult education : Sevabharat, Chennai, Tamilnadu state
Social equity and social justice
In rural areas .. National Institute of Rural development,
Rajendranagar, HYDERABAD [AP]
-Orientation course on Statistical NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC
Techniques at its social science COOPERATION AND CHILD DEVELOP-
Research .. MENT ; NEW DELHI.
Training cum Exposure visit prog. On CENTRE ON INTEGRATED RURAL DEV-
Micro enterpr4ise and micro finance ELOPMENT FOR ASIA AND THE
PACIFIC. IN BANGLADESH.
Programme on Promotion of women NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SMALL
Entrepreneurship INDUSTRY EXTENSION TRAINING;
Direct trainer skills .. Dr.M.Chennareddy Human Resource
Development Institute, Hyderabad
- WOMEN ACTIVISTS DEVELOPMENT : SEARCH ; BANGALORE
- Training of Trainers Programme [TOT] : A.P. ACADEMY OF RURAL
DEVELOPMENT; Govt. of A.P.
- Social security in rural areas . NIRD. HYDERABAD [AP]
-Empowerment of women-current NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF
Strategies RURAL DEVELOPMENT,
14. DETAILS OF PRESENT AWARD STAFF MEMBER
S.No Name of employee Designation No. of Posts
1. Social workers Teachers 10 Nos.
2. Accounts Officer 1 No.
3. Project officer/Coordinator 1 No.
4. Tailoring instructors 1 No.
5. At tender 1 No
6. Sweeper 1 No.
7 Pickle instructor 1 No.
8. Watchman 1 No.
9. Volunteer engineers 2 Nos.
10. Computer & Typewriting
11. Instructor 1 No.
This post was submitted by Ms.D.Krishnaveni.