Name of organization
Sector: Youth and Children
Registration Number: R7/33020
Category of Organization: None Profit Organization
Physical Address: Ludzeludze Youth Center next to Inkhundla
Postal address: P.O.Box 2128 Manzini
Telephone: +268 6533151
Contact Person: Lelo Lukhele
Contact Details: +268 6533151
2nd Contact Person: Mduduzi Mavuso
Designation: Communication Mediator
Cell: +268 7675 9765
Legal Status :Core Art International is registered with the Swaziland Government as a non-profit organization that educate children and youth on Art, Life, Business skills, Facilitated Edutainment programs on HIV/AIDS prevention. and other matters affecting them. The registration number is R7/33020
Total Number of Staff and
The number of staff: 7 and 5 team players
Staff and position
Director (Male) (Acting Head of training & Programmes Director)
Assistant Director (Female) (Art Production Manager)
Human Resource Manager (Female)
Project Manager (Female)
Administrator/Admin Head (Female)
M&E Officer (Male)
Marketing and Communication (Male)
Team of 15students recruited yearly for the performing art component.
Brief Description of Organization: Performing art organization that utilizes the art to draw young people and impact them with life empowering messages as well as empower them artistically.
Mission and Main Action: We change the young people lives by means of the art and by means of teaching tutoring and training. We deliver live stage productions (shows) fled with empowering, challenging, engaging messages.
Formation Date: March 2007
Vision: Changing Lives Locally and Internationally.
• Creating a Context for young people to function in
• Holistically development of young Person
• Caring for Young people
• To reduce the percentage of school youth who are sexually active from the current 70% to 50% by 2015.
• Have empowered 5 000 young people of Swaziland through art,
• To be the leading organization in facilitating art programs locally by 2015
• Strengthen efforts to reduce gender and human rights violation and other crimes through introducing fun empowering and meaningful activities for the young person.
• Have in place at least 3 community development agents per constituency under Manzini region through facilitating leadership, Art, life, and livelihood skills training classes and exercises.
• Improve the country `s economy through the provision of strategies, proficiency, and knowledge on business skills for young people, for poverty eradication.
• To create a context for the young person to function in locally especially with the increase of HIV/AIDS Infections caused by ignorance, idleness, socials behavioral attitudes and practices.
Team training and Development
The team is Core-art International’s powerful and very influential hand in the Swazi community and schools.
Core-art International recruits a team of 15out of school youth to become our touring team that goes into different communities, schools, youth groups, orphanages and care points. The team is trained in:
3. Servant hood,
4. Business skills
6. holistic community and personal development
7. Art (dance, drama, music training and live stage production delivery)
8. Teaching life skills and delivering art workshops.
9. Comprehensive knowledge on HIV/AIDS/ Gender and Human Rights Dimension.
The team trains for four months after which it starts reaching out to different communities. Through this initiative over 20 000 young people have been reached in two years. These have benefited through the inter-action with Core-art International and also have been trained, served, and involved in our projects and programs. A lot of them share testimonies on the impact the team has had on their lives. This is just in our first two years and with the right resources we are looking at tripling the impact yearly of Core-art International’s team in Swaziland.
Some of our students after being trained have been recognized by other institutions both locally and internationally as assets artistically and in youth development.
This post was submitted by Lelo Lukhele.