We are motherhood child care Project, and are requesting you to affiliate us to your programmes
The organization is a non -profit making organ, and was started in 2006,its located at little way primary School, Kawempe-Maganjo parish, Nabweru sub-county Wakiso District Uganda East Africa.
The organ has a registered number of 350 vulnerable children, including those infected with HIV/Aids, orphans, disabled & others. We cater for these children through community outreach although we intend to build up a home..
Our mission is to advocate for the plight of vulnerable children ,through improvement in quality of life through provision of good education, health care, and fight for child rights, i.e Hiv/Aids,disabled,orphaned,children affected by war conflicts, and others.
We have a set of objectives which include;
- Support children infected with HIV/Aids in health, clothing, beddings & scholastic materials.
- To bring up our children in a god fearing and humble, ,and non denominational manner
- Co-ordinate scholarships for them at all levels
- Rural illiteracy transformation,
- Providing shelter for the homeless & disadvantaged children.
- Promote mutual co-operation amongst them & international relationships.
- Promote the girl child education
- Setting up projects for widows.
- Training children in recreational activities i.e. sports & drama e.tc
- Lobbying for development projects for these children in all fields.
We shall be very grateful if our request is put into your kind consideration.
N.B The organization hosts 4 volunteers of the same sex at a time or a couple i.e in kampala and Jinja districts.
DESRIPTION OF MOCAP ACTIVITIES
4.0 CURRENT ACTIVITIES
a) HIV/AIDS INFECTED AND ORPHANED CHILDREN
- counselling,making home visits,providing them with transport to hospital,provision of food,school reqirements,music,Dance & Dramma,economic empowerment of guardians,community sensitization and mobilasation,VCT, trainning in agricultural techniques for food security,vocational trainning,this work is done by the project cordinator and volunteers both local and international.
b) DISABLED CHILDREN
Provision of phisiotherapy treatment ,provision of Tri-cycles,food, fees,scholarstic requirements,playing materials,tools i.e sewing machines,all are done through the cordinator and volunteers local and abroad
exchanges, workshops, seminars and camps for social groups of different ages on international and local levels.
This post was submitted by Alice.