Rashtriya Jan Vikas Sansthan (RJVS)
Vision: Create a society based on equality & rights, free from exploitation and discrimination.
Mission: “Empowering deprived and vulnerable sections of society, particularly Dalit, Children and women, by education, protecting human rights, capacity building, and mobilization of communities and promoting overall development”
1- Create enabling environment for mainstreaming Dalit and poor families through awareness, education and organization.
2- Promotion of all round development programs for the weaker sections, as well as, persons living below poverty lines in the field area.
3- Creating enabling environment for children and Women of Dalit & backward community to get equal opportunity in accessing education and employment.
4- Creating a environment for Gender discrimination free in the all level.
5- Promotion of peace, social harmony and national integrity
6- Promotion of functional vocational training.
7- Promoting appropriate scientific and technological research and its- dissemination.
8- Collaboration with the national level development programs.
Brief Background of the Organization
Rashtriya Jan Vikas Sansthan is a non- governmental, non-political and non-profitable voluntary organization. The organization registered in November 1998 under the Society Registration Act, 1860. Organization is working in the eastern part of Uttar Pradesh, particularly in Jaunpur district and concentrating in two blocks, viz., Buxa, and Sikrara, together comprising of 30 villages.
RJVS is working with Marginalized communities, Women and children and its core issues are:
A- Primary Education
D- Human Rights
Development scenario in the state of Uttar Pradesh has witnessed the pathetic condition of poor and other marginalized communities. Taking forward the agenda of ensuring Human Rights of marginalized communities, RJVS has worked with an overarching objective of protection of rights and entitlements of Marginalized communities. RJVS focuses specifically on education, mobilization and empowerment of marginalized community through its various interventions and strategies including campaign, workshops, meetings, seminars, trainings, awareness programs, capacity building, bal-panchayats, networking, information gathering, studies and advocacy.
i. Awareness programme : On (1) Constitutional provisions and Human Rights (2) Primary Education & health (3) Women Rights and Gender (4) Panchayati Raj (5) Right to Education Act, MGNREGA, , RTI Act and DVA. (6) Government welfare schemes
ii. Training Programme : (1 ) Functional Vocational Training for school drop out youth, (2) Youth and women leadership training (3) Legal awareness training (4) S.H.G. Leaders Training.
iii. Campaign: – School challo campaign, Voters awareness campaign, Right to life and economic rights awareness campaign etc.
iv. Advocacy & Networking: Organization has been doing advocacy at block and district level on social injustice and discrimination issues of children, and women and marginalized communities.
RJVS Team- Full Time staff- 5, Male -3 Female-2
Part Time- 3, Male-2 Female-1
RJVS Networking and Collaboration:
At State level – Sathi, DAG., UPVAN, MASWA.
At National Level—NCDHR, New Delhi,. Centre for Social Equity and Inclusion, New Delhi.
Achievements of the Organization Lost year 2010-11:
• Total N o. of 40 self help groups of Dalit women have been formed involving 700 women with total saving of over Rs. 4 lacks in the 30 village Block- Buxa , Sikrara and Badlapur in district Jaunpur.
• 90 school drop-out youth have successfully completed skill training in the three trades as mobile phone/ Electronic/Electric appliance, Health and beautician and Two Wheeler Mechanism. 60% have been successfully placed in self employment and Employment.
• 160 Dalit Children got quality education though the Education Centre run by the organization, and 23 drop out children enrolled in schools in five village.
• Due to organization’s intervention, landless people got possession of 26 bigha land; and also 15 villages are covered under land rights awareness campaign.
• 520 Dalits got work under MGNREGA and another 1650 labors applied for 100 days work trough written application. Total No. of 383 women and 110 men labors register in MNREGA and got job cards supported by sansthan.
• To raise human rights issues and for collective actions against human rights violations, Dalit youths have been organized at Block level under the banner of Dalit Mukti Manch.
• Youth leadership program, legal aid, Children and women rights programme .land & labor right workshop, Right to information camp & workshop, women sammelans, protests against corruption, fact finding and study on dalit and Muslim CSOs, Rally and many other interventions done in Jaunpur district.
Dalit Foundation, New Delhi
Hope for children, U.K.
Functional Vocational Training and research society, Bangalore.
Ministry of environment & forest govt. of India, New Delhi
Since the time of its inception the organization is being managed with local resources in the form of membership fees, donation in cash and kinds (grains) etc.
Address & Legal Status of RJVS:
Regd. Address : Vill & Post.- Leduka, Distt.- Jaunpur U.P.India 222109
Administration Office : Jamuna Seth Building, (Behind Ram Janki Mandir), Naupedwa, Jaunpur. U.P.
Contact No. : Mobile No.- +91-09450085584
E-mail ID : jvsleduka@rediffmail .com
Status of Registration : Society registration Act 21, 1860 No-719, Date-13-11-98
FCRA Registration No : No.-136510014 Date: 15-01-2004
Income tax registration Status: 12A (A) No. 49/2004-05 Date- 24-04-2006
Name of contact Person : Mr. Rajmani
Designation : Secretary